Tree frogs

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
salbo

Tree frogs

Postby salbo » Thu 12 Apr, 2012 06:22

how can i please get rid if tree frogs and keep them away!!

BudgetPoolCare
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Tree frogs

Postby BudgetPoolCare » Sat 21 Apr, 2012 06:16

Shock your pool with a high dose of chlorine if your not going to be using the pool for a while.

Budget Pool Care - Sydney
www.BudgetPoolCare.com.au
CJsDoll
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 27' above ground pool that has been put "in" the ground. Only a foot above ground. Hayward pro series sand filter and hayward pump. When we bought the house the pool was already set in the ground. We replaced liner and all.

Tree frogs

Postby CJsDoll » Tue 08 May, 2012 22:40

BudgetPoolCare wrote:Shock your pool with a high dose of chlorine if your not going to be using the pool for a while.

http://www.BudgetPoolCare.com.au

That would be a simple answer.... but it doesn't work. I have the same problem. Still fighting the frogs in and around the pool! Any other suggestions?
-Darla
CJsDoll
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 27' above ground pool that has been put "in" the ground. Only a foot above ground. Hayward pro series sand filter and hayward pump. When we bought the house the pool was already set in the ground. We replaced liner and all.

Tree frogs

Postby CJsDoll » Tue 08 May, 2012 22:42

BudgetPoolCare wrote:Shock your pool with a high dose of chlorine if your not going to be using the pool for a while.

http://www.BudgetPoolCare.com.au

That would be a simple answer.... but it doesn't work. I have the same problem. Still fighting the frogs in and around the pool! Any other suggestions?
-Darla
Sgb
I'm new here
I'm new here

Tree frogs

Postby Sgb » Wed 09 May, 2012 10:43

I have been dealing with tree frogs in and on my AGP for close to 7 yeas. It is a problem that some may not understand unless they have dealt with it and heard the horrible aggravating sounds these little critters make. Here is what I do each and every year....my problem gets better each year also. First, if you have a pool cover that collects water (like I do) drain it in very early in the season. I do it in mid March. The frogs will come to the pool cover water to breed. Nasty, but true. If I hear a frog "singing" outside I will wait till dark, blind him with a flashlight and grab him. Once that light hits their eyes they do not move. After so many years of having this problem I have just grown accustomed to grabbing them by hand. I am super kind to them, and transplant them to a lake that isn't far from me. I collect them in a plastic container and after a night of collecting them, I transplant them, away from my home! You have to remove the frogs....if not, and they breed, they will return the following year. Frogs do that....look it up. They return to the same place they were "born." There is no known frog repellent, but I have heard that they do not like salt....it irritates their skin. Salt is cheap, so it's worth a try. I just pluck mine from the side of the pool so I've never tried the salt. Also, when it rains they come in droves!!! When you hear them "singing" it's the mating call. You have to remove them from your pool before they breed or you will never rid yourself of these things. Good luck!!

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”