worms in pool

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
sue

worms in pool

Postby sue » Sun 05 Jun, 2005 14:40

can someone please tell me what to do with my pool? we took the cover off today and have never had this problem. the liner is covered with millions of black skinny shaped slimy formations. after looking on the backside of the cover, we found tiny red worms oozing out of each formation. i'm assuming this is kind of like a worm larvae. what do we need to do? please respond.

PaulInOntario
I'm new here
I'm new here

WORMS

Postby PaulInOntario » Tue 07 Jun, 2005 10:09

Hookup you vaccum, set the filter to waste so the dirt by passes the filter. You will loose some water so just replace it with a hose. Always shut off the filter when ever you change a setting. Use the rinse after any backwaste setting for about 10 seconds. I have worms every year in my 16 x 32 inground pool, its normal for me.

Postby Guest » Mon 27 Jun, 2005 16:44

i have those also but i need to know if they are dangerous to little children or even adults. if you come in contact with them do they hurt you?
Recee

worms in pool

Postby Recee » Fri 21 Aug, 2009 12:01

The worms you are seeing are fly larvie, the do take some killing as the a tough little mites. I had them in my pool it took a week to get rid of them by netting them and increasing the chlorine level to shock, they are harmless.
Hope this helps

worms in pool

Postby Guest » Mon 02 Nov, 2009 16:42

They are very dangerous in swimming pools water. You should waste your, add new water add some chlorine. Some filtration is good to make it more hygienic and to make it free from other diseases
Worms in Pool

worms in pool

Postby Worms in Pool » Wed 16 Dec, 2009 08:55

A pool with worms is just normal. Please do not get scared. Still for the kids you should take care. Worms appear in the pools and it is seasonal and they breed in great number. Just clean the pool removing the existing water as quick as possible. Clean the pool, its bed and surrounding with bleaching power and allow fresh water into the pool. Take care while allowing fresh water. Just observe minutely if the larvie are still present. Yes, it is time-consuming. It happens.

worms in pool

Postby Guest » Thu 24 Dec, 2009 16:13

The worms are generally harmless. A combination of netting, vacuuming and shock treating will get rid of them within a few days.

No biggie, especially as its only once a year at pool opening.
mase1995
I'm new here
I'm new here

worms in pool

Postby mase1995 » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 07:19

they are very dangerous in pool water..u have to clean the previous water in the pool and have to add the new water.
by doing this ur pool has been clean and u also get rid of the little red worms...

http://bit.ly/7bnTUa

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”