Tiny Bugs clustered on Pool Surface

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
AnnC
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Free Form Salt Water Pool 20'x35', 68000 gallons

Postby AnnC » Mon 10 Mar, 2014 18:04

There are millions of tiny bugs on the pool surface. It looks like dirt floating until you pick it up and the bugs crawl on your hand. They are the size of a pin head or smaller. I found some articles that said they could be springtails but if they are, no one is saying how to get rid of them. I have a free form 20' x 30' salt water pool.

pooltech758
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby pooltech758 » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 21:12

Small insects as well as pollen are common this time of year. The good news is the seasons are short. While they are here there are a few things that you can do about them.
First thing is to make sure that the water level is to the proper level to allow the skimmer to remove surface debris.
---A good rule of thumb is about one inch from the top of the skimmer opening to one inch above the bottom of the skimmer.
---Also regular brushing of the tile followed by skimming with a fine filter pool net.
---Adjust the jets to promote surface agitation and circulation towards the skimmer.
---Regular filter cleaning, about once every other week or every week if you desire.

Hope this helps
Joshua
"Quality Pool Service Pure and Simple" That is our motto and just a phone call away.
407-538-0284
pureandsimplepoolcare.com
Joshua Hildebrand
Owner/Operator
Pure and Simple Poolcare
http://pureandsimplepoolcare.com

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”