foam in my pool

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
1bigpool

foam in my pool

Postby 1bigpool » Fri 14 Jul, 2006 10:20

ok i see im not the only one to have foaming problems..my pool was fine till i added algeacide and the next day i added clearifer and thats when the pool started to foam.. could it be to a clash of chemicals? , did i add them to soon after each other? and what do i need to get rid of it ? thanks for the help..

gingerswon@aol.com

Re: foam in my pool

Postby gingerswon@aol.com » Mon 24 Jul, 2006 23:26

1bigpool wrote:ok i see im not the only one to have foaming problems..my pool was fine till i added algeacide and the next day i added clearifer and thats when the pool started to foam.. could it be to a clash of chemicals? , did i add them to soon after each other? and what do i need to get rid of it ? thanks for the help..

I did the exact thing today, and it's foaming. Is it because I added algeacide and clarifer? What do I do now? Please help. thanks, Ginger
Dkrippse

Re: foam in my pool

Postby Dkrippse » Mon 14 Aug, 2006 21:18

gingerswon@aol.com wrote:
1bigpool wrote:ok i see im not the only one to have foaming problems..my pool was fine till i added algeacide and the next day i added clearifer and thats when the pool started to foam.. could it be to a clash of chemicals? , did i add them to soon after each other? and what do i need to get rid of it ? thanks for the help..

I did the exact thing today, and it's foaming. Is it because I added algeacide and clarifer? What do I do now? Please help. thanks, Ginger

If you are adding algaecide, what is the clarifier for? The algaecide would probably create foam anyway. The cheaper brands like HTH that you can get at Wal-Mart etc. cause a great deal of foam. They also form a scum ring on your pool that is hard to remove. Use a better quality algaecide such as BioGuard's Back Up. Don't over use any product containing copper (II) sulfate since they tend to stain the pool over time. Back up is great for keeping the bugs out of your pool also. It's expensive but it's worth it.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”