CLOUDY WATER AND HIGH BROMINE???

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
kslagoon

CLOUDY WATER AND HIGH BROMINE???

Postby kslagoon » Sun 16 Jul, 2006 10:49

I wrote in about two weeks ago that I could not get my green pool back to something reasonably decent. Well, finally after a lot of time with the vacum on waste and a lot of adding water it looks now blue, but very cloudy as you can see about 1/2 way to the bottom.
When I noticed yesterday the blue haziness, I really thought I would wake up today with it sparkling, but NO SUCH LUCK!
Testing with test strip this morning I have TOTAL BROMINE 10- which is really high, FREE CHLORINE at 2.5 to 3, which says ok, PH is between 7.4 and 7.6 which is ok, then TOTAL ALKALINITY somewhere between 125 and 150 which is ok. I tested for CYANURIC ACID per my test kit and it is at 100, which I believe is high. I have a 10,000 gallon above ground pool and four little boys who are just dying to swin since we are in a HEAT WAVE of 100 degrees plus- NEED YOUR HELP DESPERATELY!!!! :roll: Please note, I live in the midst of a Federal Game Reserve so we have no rural water. I haul the water from the closest towns water treatment facility. - But this is the water that the town I believe drinks, so it should be fine???

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”