Need advice

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
Scott2016
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: vernal pools

Need advice

Postby Scott2016 » Mon 03 Oct, 2016 04:29

Hi ,
We have just purchased a new house and it has a pool. But I am worried about my kids . I know my boys will get much fun out of it, though.
Anyway, what can I do to increase safety around the pool? If anyway has one of these or similar how do you find them? I have heard about Protection plus. Are they effective? Any advice would be great.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Need advice

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 03 Oct, 2016 17:19

I have a covered pool so I don't have a problem but a fence round the pool would help but No1 would be to get them swimming for there safety and piece of mind
kaylee
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have planned to construct a small size pool as we are short on yard space. It is a round shaped pool.

Postby kaylee » Mon 16 Jan, 2017 05:25

I haven't used the one you have mentioned. But I feel it great in the sense of protection for your kids.
Poonamdpi
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby Poonamdpi » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 02:41

Hello,
You should be covered your pool for the safety of the children. You can also add a four-sided isolation fence. It is the best barrier as it completely surrounds the pools.
EllenBaker
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby EllenBaker » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 06:08

Fences are especially important for in-ground pools. The recommended height of a pool fence is a minimum of 48 inches. This height prevents young children from climbing over to access the pool area. The barrier must also be free of significant openings underneath or in-between the barrier links. Above-ground pools do not usually require a fence, but a glass pool fencing can be used to enclose entrance points in order to provide maximum protection. This can be helpful to protect your kids.
azulverde
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: With pool and spa design, our goal is to give you a water element that is tranquil and enjoyable. You will be able to relax in the sun and enjoy the beautiful and functional design we create. For a pool and spa area, we focus on what really matters: how you plan to use the space.

Postby azulverde » Wed 18 Oct, 2017 04:09

The easiest and best way is to make your children learn swimming and water safety guidelines. I recently visited a friend in Phoenix. I particularly liked how some architects in Arizona are making a separate kids play zone within the backyard. These are so compact yet innovative, filled with interactive stuffs for children, that they rarely come out of the separate area.
SDorsey
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby SDorsey » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 05:18

Yes, I agree with you Azulverde.
AmyCromwell
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My pool is large and beautiful.

Postby AmyCromwell » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 00:00

You should install camera near the pool and fence it with glass.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:49

The more tech, the more parents rely on it, so they go off and do other things relying on the tech to warn them.
Teach them to swim, watch them all the time they are around the pool. Everything else is an afterthought

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”