Doctor told him to walk in the pool to release bodily toxins

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
poolswimmer
I'm new here
I'm new here

Doctor told him to walk in the pool to release bodily toxins

Postby poolswimmer » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 22:02

I belong to the YMCA. Was in the smaller pool. The water is warmer in that pool, that's about it. A YMCA member was reporting he has kidney disease and his doctor told him to walk in the pool because it will release the toxins out of his body right into the water. And to keep walking for 2 hours to release toxins. I see this man there every time I go and I found out tonight that he walks in the small pool 2 hours a day. My question is, if someone has kidney disease and is using the pool to walk in so he can release toxins from his body, that scares me for the rest of us. Now I don't want to go back into the pool. Is this dangerous?

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Doctor told him to walk in the pool to release bodily toxins

Postby Teapot » Tue 07 Nov, 2017 03:29

I am not a doctor but any toxins would be passed to his bladder via normal metabolism so make sure he goes to pee during this two hour regime and NOT in the pool! Any sweated out would be via urea same as anyone else and the water treatment should oxidise most contaminants. Depending what treatment they use (ozone/UV) + chlorine depends on how much gets broken down.
Can't be any worse than having someone cough or sneeze over you.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”