Unusual bugs

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
HamletJSD
I'm new here
I'm new here

Unusual bugs

Postby HamletJSD » Wed 26 Jul, 2006 09:55

I seem to have these semi-transparent shrimp-like (but not curled) bugs.

My pump was out of service about three weeks waiting on a part so the pool is green almost black ...

Will these just die off when I get rid of the algae and clean up? And what are they?

- J.S.
HamletJSD
I'm new here
I'm new here

PS -

Postby HamletJSD » Wed 26 Jul, 2006 09:58

I also had a baby Brown Water Snake in my skimmer basket, but I was able to remove him without help ;)
- J.S.
HamletJSD
I'm new here
I'm new here

PPS-

Postby HamletJSD » Wed 26 Jul, 2006 10:24

Any advice on how to keep pool from going so nasty when pump is offline and therefore circulation will be zero?
- J.S.

Re: PPS-

Postby Guest » Wed 23 Aug, 2006 12:22

HamletJSD wrote:Any advice on how to keep pool from going so nasty when pump is offline and therefore circulation will be zero?

:lol:
a pool pump should run for at least 10 hours each dayfor best care. "OR" you can keep your chlorine level at 4ppm and hope for the best.
Scott "The Bugman&
I'm new here
I'm new here

Shrimp-Like Creatures

Postby Scott "The Bugman& » Thu 05 Oct, 2006 22:35

You have "amphipods" ....google it. And yes getting rid of the algae will solve the problem...its their food source.
juliep522
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Approx. 20,000 gallons. PebbleTek surface. Salt generator for chlorine.

Shrimp-Like Creatures

Postby juliep522 » Wed 12 Sep, 2012 17:23

Scott "The Bugman& wrote:You have "amphipods" ....google it. And yes getting rid of the algae will solve the problem...its their food source.

I have what I thought was fairy shrimp. Maybe it's amphipods. I don't have algae in my pool and have done a phosphate treatment and shock and filter clean. That was about two weeks ago and they are back in full force. Do you know what else may get rid of them for good. This happened last year but this year it is the third "outbreak". Thanks
Thomas152
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Surfing

Unusual bugs

Postby Thomas152 » Thu 20 Sep, 2012 06:02

First of all you have to prepare your pump and clean pool from any unwanted things who make pool unhealthy.
Use filter pump, by this water makes pure for swimming. Some chemicals are used to make water clean from unwanted Bactria and virus.

Pool Shop

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”