WAH!! Water coming out of jets very cloudy!!

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.

WAH!! Water coming out of jets very cloudy!!

Postby Guest » Mon 18 Jul, 2005 14:59

I've had my pool a year (above ground). I've done everything I'm supposed to. I put chlorine in every day. I run the filter for about 5-6 hours a day. I vaccuumed the whole thing. The water itself has nothing in it (dirt, algae) and is still a little cloudy but it's blue. The PH is perfect. I just bought a new filter the other day. For whatever reason when I run the filter this cloudy and really white (almost soapy) water comes shooting out the jets into the pool. It creates some bubbles on the service. I don't know what to do. What is this?

DiscountPoolWarehouse

Cloudy water from jets

Postby DiscountPoolWarehouse » Mon 14 Nov, 2005 11:43

Ms. Guest,

Your problem is probably chemistry related. From you description of cloudy foamy water it sounds as though your calcium hardness may be too low. I recommend you find a swimming pool supply store that does free water analysis. They should be able to help you fix your problem.

The problem has to be in either the filter or the chemistry since you just purchased a new filter (I assume a cartridge element filter) then you want to focus on the entire water balance. If the water is out of balance then balancing it should solve the problem. If the chemistry does not solve the problem then you want to take a critical look at function of the filter.

Good Luck

Guru of Pools
at DPW

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”