pool pressure problems

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
under pressure

pool pressure problems

Postby under pressure » Wed 28 Feb, 2007 12:26

hello all. I'm having an issue with pressure and dirt in my swimming pool.

The dirt seemed to cycle through the filter back into the pool so I took apart the DE filter cleaned and replaced the grids. (One grid was torn so I thought replacing it would solve the problem.) When I added the DE powder, the powder appeared to cycle through to the pool. Dirt is still cycling through, so I tried backwashing it again this morning. When I returned the system to filter I openned the air relief valve. Water has yet to stream from the air relief valve and the psi is reading less than 5. The really strange part it that the water returns back to the pool without an apparent pressure issue - no air bubbles and it isn't slow at all. I had cleaned the skimmer and basket - they're still clear, so I don't understand what's going on. Any ideas?

filter problems

Postby Guest » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 18:01

you need to run it on rinse after backwashing to settle the sand
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: filter problems

Postby Backglass » Fri 29 Jun, 2007 20:19

Anonymous wrote:you need to run it on rinse after backwashing to settle the sand

It's not sand. It's DE.

You said you had a broken grid. Are you sure you don't have more? If DE is getting into the pool, your grids are bad or the valve is bad. How old is the filter?

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”