Electrical cuurent?

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
kiger
I'm new here
I'm new here

Electrical cuurent?

Postby kiger » Tue 22 May, 2007 19:17

i just found this forum, this is my first post. cool forum, thanks in advance for any info.

i'm a new pool owner so go easy on me. when i am at the shallow end of my pool and i put my fingers in, i feel a stinging sensation. if i put another hand in the pool it stops. if i have one hand in and touch the hand rail, the sensation gets stronger. i believe it to be an electrical current. it is not as prevelant at the deep end. there is no electricity in the pool, i have a fiber optic light. i'm pretty sure the pool was grounded.

any thoughts?

thanks

scorch7314

Electrical cuurent?

Postby scorch7314 » Sat 16 May, 2009 18:32

when ever i'm in my pool, if i stick my hand out onto the concrete i get a stinging sensation in my fingers. if i stick my fingers in the pool whenever i'm dry, it stings also. teh pump is grounded, i think it might be the light.
Me...
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Electrical cuurent?

Postby Me... » Tue 19 May, 2009 10:11

If you THINK you are standing in water and there is electrical current in the water, I THINK you need to get an electrician in there to check it out. There are reasons this can happen. Be a lucky one and stay out of the pool until you get it checked and verified as safe.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”