Fine dust on floor of pool

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
kaffy

Fine dust on floor of pool

Postby kaffy » Fri 01 Jun, 2007 12:33

Please help. My husband bought this pool, but never cleans it. I have tried my best, but cannot seem to rectify the problem. There is a very fine brown sand like dust at the bottom of the pool. If I brush it with the pool brush it seems to disperse, but reappears the next day. I have vacuumed it and done a back wash, but it reappears. I thought it might be algae so I have treated with algicide. Still returns. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Fri 01 Jun, 2007 17:28

Could be yellow algae, could be dirt.

To treat for algae shock your pool higher than normal and keep it high for 2 or 3 days.

What are your test readings? What type of pool and what is the pool volume?

Algaecide is better for prevention than killing.

Postby Guest » Sat 02 Jun, 2007 10:49

Thanks, I will give that a try. The pool is and in the ground fibreglass one. With an Astral pump. It is 8.75m long, 4.75m wide and the depth graduates from 1.30-1.90. Re the readings, the chlorine is a touch lower than should be, but I still get this problem even when the chlorine is high. I also have a problem keeping the ph down, which I know can lower the effects of the chlorine. I did wonder if it was really fine dirt just passing through the filter system. Is there anything you can do that.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”