Dust storm and dirty rain

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
Yeahyeahyoyo
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 43,000L Fibreglass rectangular pool. Salt water chlorinator. Paper cartridge.

Dust storm and dirty rain

Postby Yeahyeahyoyo » Thu 23 Jan, 2020 23:05

2 nights ago Melbourne was hit with a huge amount of dirty rain from a dust storm. It has left our pool looking so dirty, like the colour of a river, all brown.

Went to the pool shop, they said to put in Aqua-Health Pool Clean and some Chlorine, and run filters 24/7 for 3-4 days. I have also done 2 vacuums, but am not getting barely any dirt out.

I have done all this and still not seeing any difference.

Is there anything else I can do to speed up getting my pool clear again. Right now the pool is so discoloured, I can't even see the bottom of it.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Dust storm and dirty rain

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 24 Jan, 2020 17:07

I would be inclined to let it settle on the bottom untill the water is clear and then vacuum to waste, bearing in mind to top up as you go
If you are just vacuuming on filter,then dirt may be recycling
Can you clean the filter as it may be clogged up and or damaged and lettingthe dirty water back
Moya
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 60000lit, chlorinated, fibreglass, with sand filter

Re: Dust storm and dirty rain

Postby Moya » Fri 31 Jan, 2020 15:07

Hi I am new here too. I had similar problems as the dust was too fine for my cleaner . I finished up with using two socks in my skimmer basket and also put in a large piece of fish tank filter fibre. It is the white stuff about 1cm thick and I cut a Sic inch square off and put that into the sock in the skimmer basket. I washed it out every few hours as it collected so much dust. I am still doing it as maintenance due to the dry dusty air. Wash it out each morning.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”