Saltwater vs. UV Ozone

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
skipnyamaha
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Still building inground pool...

Saltwater vs. UV Ozone

Postby skipnyamaha » Sun 06 Dec, 2020 20:48

First off thank you to all members and to anyone who responds to my question. I've been a member of multiple sites and assume this question has already been answered but was unable to locate it. This aside we are in the final stages of building our inground pool and I am curious on any input regarding saltwater vs UV? I was planning on going with saltwater but have been hearing various side effects of it, concrete deterioration and premature equipment failure. So, input please.

Thank in advance,

skipnyamaha

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Saltwater vs. UV Ozone

Postby Teapot » Wed 09 Dec, 2020 09:09

UV only works when the system is running so without a primary sanitiser constantly in the water you will have problems. Salt chlorine systems work well for domestic system's, just take note of the materials that may get damaged from salt corrosion. The pump will also need to be certified for use with salt water. IMO save the money on the UV and spend it on a variable speed pump and better filtration like Dr Drydens Activate AFM media.
skipnyamaha
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Still building inground pool...

Re: Saltwater vs. UV Ozone

Postby skipnyamaha » Tue 12 Jan, 2021 17:42

Teapot, thanks for the input!!

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”