Low Pressure Every Day

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
ccclitz
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15'x30' Oval Above Ground
Cartridge filter system
Polaris 65

Low Pressure Every Day

Postby ccclitz » Tue 08 Dec, 2020 21:41

Hello everyone! I'm at a loss of how to solve a daily low pressure problem. I have an 18x30, 1.5HP pump with a Clear Water II cartridge filter and running a Polaris 65. All less than 18 months old. I've owned 3 above grounds in the past and have never experienced such low pressure. But this is my first cartridge system. Everyday I have drain the tank and clean the cartridge filter even though it's spotless. I get some pressure back after this, but it doesn't last long. No lines are clogged, there are very few leaves in the pool daily. I've even run the system without the cartridge as a test and it lost pressure. Pressure is also low even without the Polaris connected.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts of what could be happening? Thank you in advance!

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Low Pressure Every Day

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 09 Dec, 2020 02:54

Draining and cleaning will not increase pressure only reduce it, as will removing it
Low pressure is associated with no resistance so you probably need a new cartridge
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Low Pressure Every Day

Postby Teapot » Wed 09 Dec, 2020 09:00

Define low pressure, everyone except me is obsessed about high filter pressure, my system has been filtering for at least 5 years and in filtration runs at 0.5psi when the filter is dirty it rises to 1psi. Pressure is mostly wasted energy= electricity and shorter pump life.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”