Endless vinyl pool trouble

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
Leb
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Above ground vinyl lined endless pool

Endless vinyl pool trouble

Postby Leb » Sun 13 Dec, 2020 12:08

I have experienced burning lungs after swimming and I thought it was due to unbalanced water. I emptied my brand new endless vinyl pool completely, washed with baking soda and rinsed. Let areate for few days. Refilled with fresh water, swam for twenty minutes and...burning lungs within an hour. At this point i believe it's the plastic odor i can still smell. This rules out sensitivity to pool chems and prior to this pool i had swam at the public pool for 20 some years with no problems. Hope someone has some suggestions before i get rid of the darn thing!
Thanks

1400gl, heating system and pump.

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Endless vinyl pool trouble

Postby Teapot » Mon 14 Dec, 2020 08:32

Suggestion, go swim in as many other pools as you can and see what happens, never heard of this before and I have helped asthmatics and other alergy sufferers over the years.
Leb
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Above ground vinyl lined endless pool

Postby Leb » Wed 16 Dec, 2020 23:59

Teapot wrote:Suggestion, go swim in as many other pools as you can and see what happens, never heard of this before and I have helped asthmatics and other alergy sufferers over the years.

Comes vaccine it’ll be the first thing to try. Some other peeps suggested to use a product that removes biofilm. I may want to try that as when i got the pool a month ago i was still learning about balancing and i may have inadvertently let the chlorine level down to .5 for a week or so. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Fri 18 Dec, 2020 04:55

Hmmm not sure about the biofilm, if it affects you so quickly it would be a pretty nasty pool, which I am sure it isnt. Chlorine dioxide is a good biolfilm eliminator, I was amazed when we used this the first time on a hot tub Jacuzzi. The water turned brown!

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”