Shared pool , spa

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Ti3155
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 14x36

Shared pool , spa

Postby Ti3155 » Sun 28 Feb, 2021 04:44

Hello , so I was advices to run my pool/spa and water features as below .

I already purchased most of the equipment but I was advised to exchange it with something else what you think ? 

I purchased as below .

Items Ordered:Price:Status:

1 of : Hayward W3AQR3 AquaRite Chlorine Generator Salt System 15K

$999.00Shipped

1 of : Pentair Compool Valve Actuator CVA24T 263045

$155.00Shipped

1 of : Pentair SuperFlo Pump 1.5 HP Energy Efficient 348024

$449.00Shipped

1 of : Pentair Tagelus Fiberglass Sand Filter ClearPro 6-Way Valve TA-60D CP

$598.00Shipped

1 of : Silencer Quiet Air Blower Air Supply 1.5HP 120V

$164.00Shipped

1 of : Zinc Anode Anti-Electrolysis Zinc Pool Skimmer Basket Weight 104-A

$0.00Shipped

View Order

And I was advised to return 2 items , hayward salt cell and pentair pump 
He advised me to go with pentair automation system so I was told to exchange the haywayr salt cell with pentair bc otherwise I wouldn't be able to control the cell with the automation system.

I was also told its better to purchase 2 pumps , 1 for the shared pool/spa and one seperate pump for tge waterfall and the bubblers

The pool/spa he said , buy the PENTAIR VSF (not vs) because that way I can control when I'm using the spa for better flow rate BUT my pipes around all 1.5" include the spa (i think the jets built with 2") return line and suction all 1.5"

I know I can control the GPM AND THE RPM , I have 6 jets and spa is spillway , any idea if this would work fine ?

I also have air blower for the spa,  so 1 5" will be okay ? Or i will not feel good pressure from the spa jets and will be very minimal ? I'm not trying to get huge pressure on spa jets but the question if it will be very very low or it'll be okay ?thanks 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Re: Shared pool , spa

Postby dynamictiger » Sat 06 Mar, 2021 04:30

Sorry cant comment on something specific to the local conditions regards the Pentair salt cell etc.

I also have air blower for the spa, so 1 5" will be okay ? Or i will not feel good pressure from the spa jets and will be very minimal ? I'm not trying to get huge pressure on spa jets but the question if it will be very very low or it'll be okay ?thanks

Dont be overly concerned with this. What you could do is join the air venturis into a loop via a 1.5" pipe and run this back to the equipment area. Leaving this open at the equipment area will move the sound of the venturi to the equipment, or alternatively could fit a blower to this line if not enough water in the jets. Blowing the venturi will enhance the spa jets, however need a small valve to bleed off too much air if need, (spa jet 'burps' air straight up the wall if too much air).

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”