Spa Blower Overheats

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
stevetothink
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Leisure Pool Ultimate 35, Sand filter, Salt Water

Spa Blower Overheats

Postby stevetothink » Fri 21 May, 2021 15:55

I have a new in-ground fiberglass pool with attached overflow spa. The spa blower works fine if I have the water returning to only the spa return and not the 4 jets. However, when I have the water returning to the 4 spa jets (spa mode), the back pressure prevents the spa blower from pushing any air to the jets and overheats in less than a minute. All 4 jets are all the way open.

All equipment, including spa blower are about 30 feet from the pool and slightly lower than the pool water line. There is a hartford loop on the air line (next to the pool) with a check valve to prevent the water from getting to the blower. Installer previously didn't install a check valve and the water would back up into the spa blower when in spa mode (even with the hartford loop). Spa blower is 1.5HP.

Pool was installed late last year and this never got resolved. Installer won't return my calls or emails. I'm wondering if I can fix this by installing a stronger blower or if maybe they piped something wrong during install that is creating all this back pressure into the air line.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”