How can I fix an uneven semi-inground/on-ground pool

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Poolhelp101
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15x30 steel walls semi-inground (onground) - built into hill, so half in ground / half out.

How can I fix an uneven semi-inground/on-ground pool

Postby Poolhelp101 » Sun 11 Jul, 2021 19:05

Hey! So we recently installed a semi inground pool. We had all walls level and supported. We then had concrete poured on all four corners (it’s a 15x30 steel wall) and the sides where the support brackets are.

When we filled with water the pool ended up being completely uneven. We think the one corner knocked out the support when the concrete was poured and it fell.

To put into reference, there’s about a 7inch difference from one corner to the other, if not more.

Now, the corner that sank is not built into the ground (we built into a hill… on the length side). This corner is exposed, but still concrete along the side and end.

We are leaving it for the summer. But if we drain the pool halfway in the fall (or more)… is there a way to jack the one corner up? We have access to a 10 ton car jack… or is there something we can do, without digging up anything or removing the liner?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: How can I fix an uneven semi-inground/on-ground pool

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 12 Jul, 2021 01:32

I wouldn't even try, it would be impossible to jack up a linerwith water in it. I'm afraid you will have to drain it completely
Poolhelp101
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15x30 steel walls semi-inground (onground) - built into hill, so half in ground / half out.

Postby Poolhelp101 » Tue 13 Jul, 2021 15:37

Thanks for getting back!
Do you think with the pool emptied, it would be doable - without digging everything up or removing the liner? I’m willing to drain it after the summer… if that’s the case.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 15 Jul, 2021 01:50

I think you will have to make that decision when the pool is empty
What is your weather like in the fall that would be the deciding factor
Poolhelp101
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Poolhelp101 » Fri 16 Jul, 2021 10:08

I live near Ottawa (Canada).
We would likely empty in September - so warm days but cool evenings.
I appreciate you answering, I’m just really trying to get an idea of whether there’s a chance it can be done - or if we should forget about it all together and wait until the pool liner needs to be replaced.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 16 Jul, 2021 12:02

A 7" difference is hard to live with
I would be inclined to start again

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”