Future Proof Counter Flow / Swim Jet

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
Fubar
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a paddling pool. I want to build a 8,000l pool.

Future Proof Counter Flow / Swim Jet

Postby Fubar » Wed 21 Jul, 2021 08:45

I'm planning a semi-submerged painted block pool over the next couple of years (2x4m 1m deep). Really want to put a counter flow unit in but can't justify the cost at this stage.

I could get an over-the-edge unit when I CAN justify it, but don't like the idea of storing, setting up and loosing the space.

I found some oval swim jets somewhere (now can't find, so any links would be appreciated) and was wondering on the legitimacy of installing the jets into the pool, then plumbing the pump in at a later date (maybe plumb them as normal jets to keep waterflow moving and stop stale areas)?

Also, I'm assuming that the pump for a swim jet needs to be as close as possible with as few pipe bends between the water intake and the jet? - on that note, am I right in thinking that a swim jet and water intake should be within the same unit? Strikes me that having jet and one end and intake at the other would give a more laminar flow, but with a massive increase in flow resistance within the pipes.

Cheers,
Fubar.

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Future Proof Counter Flow / Swim Jet

Postby Teapot1 » Sat 24 Jul, 2021 00:59

Yes you are correct
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”