CCJ12101
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20,000 gallons
Chlorine pool
Lagoon type

Advice for Resurfacing

Postby CCJ12101 » Sat 25 Sep, 2021 13:19

We need to resurface our pool due to 15 years of staining. The pool is in great shape otherwise and everything works. It’s a lagoon pool in Florida, about 6 to 7 feet deep. We have a diamond Brite pool, medium blue, chlorine (not salt) system. Today we decided either to use QuartzScapes (Barefoot Blue or Sky Blue) or Stone scapes (yacht club blue). The stonescape is a brand-name like PebbleTech.

The installer had a pool with many different surfaces. It’s clear that the stonescape is a robust surface that is not likely to stain as easily as QuartzScape medium blue colors.

Does anyone have experience with StoneScape? Any thoughts on longevity? Problems? The install thinks that StoneScape will require a salt system, not chlorine.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Advice for Resurfacing

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 26 Sep, 2021 08:36

What staining are you talking about, if it's iron you can do an Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) treatment
A salt system is chlorine, the salt creates chlorine gas
sunil752
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My swimming pool is about 8 feet wide and 40 feet long Concrete Pool,rectangulsr shaped with a type C filter.

Postby sunil752 » Fri 08 Oct, 2021 04:14

You may get brown stains with stone scapes if not maintained properly.
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Fri 08 Oct, 2021 07:39

Eco pool is an alternative plastic coating as its pH neutral there is less likelihood of staining unlike plaster pebbletec stonescape etc.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”