Bubbles coming out of one jet only

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
jaromhulet
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: ~12,000 gallon bean shaped pool with raised hot tub

Bubbles coming out of one jet only

Postby jaromhulet » Fri 01 Oct, 2021 17:53

I have a pool with 4 jets. There is one jet that is shooting bubbles and I don't know why. It isn't shooting a high volume of bubbles, but it is noticeable.

I moved into my house a few months before the big freeze last year in Texas. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the pool in that time because I was doing a full house reno and it was the winter. So I don't know if this started after the freeze or if it was happening before I bought the house. My power did go out and the pool froze over with extensive damage to the equipment, but no signs of damage to the pipes below ground. I think if there was a crack in the pipe leading to that jet it would cause a water leak rather than bubbles to come out. I haven't noticed an water in that area around the pool.

I don't think it would be a suction side leak because that should put bubbles through all of the jets (like what happens when the water level gets low). But I could be wrong about that.

I do have a small pressure side leak in my system where one of the valves broke (it drips once or twice a second) that I still need to repair. But I think that would cause problems for all of the jets if it was causing problems.

Anybody have a similar experience or a thought as to what might be happening?

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Bubbles coming out of one jet only

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 06 Oct, 2021 03:09

Best conclusion I can think of is you have a small leak at that return but the flow of water is causing a venturi effect drawing in some air rather than leaking water.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 06 Oct, 2021 03:33

You don't have a salt pool do you as that would cause bubbles
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 06 Oct, 2021 04:16

Good point!
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
nora10
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: pump

Postby nora10 » Sat 17 Feb, 2024 10:06

Teapot1 wrote:Best conclusion I can think of is you have a small leak at that return but the flow of water is causing a venturi effect drawing in some air rather than leaking water.

Based on the information provided, it seems plausible that there may be a small leak at the return, causing a venturi effect drawing in air instead of leaking water. While it might not be the preferred outcome, an honest assessment is crucial for addressing the issue effectively. It's important to consider professional assistance to accurately diagnose and resolve the problem before it escalates.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”