Cya gone after winter ball

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
airman33860
I'm new here
I'm new here

Cya gone after winter ball

Postby airman33860 » Sun 05 Jun, 2022 19:57

So I have a clear pool with a Zeosand filter and I can't seem to raise the cya. Chlorine only stays for 30 min max in the day. Now the rest of the story, the winter ball did not dispense correctly so I drained it in the pool. Why I did this behooves me. Will the winter ball cause this problem? And how do I correct it please?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Cya gone after winter ball

Postby Teapot1 » Sun 05 Jun, 2022 23:47

Winter ball?
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
airman33860
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby airman33860 » Mon 06 Jun, 2022 06:59

Halosource Winterball 16 oz Natural EnzymeImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Mon 06 Jun, 2022 10:00

Ah, thats a new on me. That said the natural enzymes will be killed stone dead in most cases if there was chlorine present but if the chlorine was gone then there are bacteria that will consume CYA so that may have happened in your case. From previous occasions when this occured naturally over winter there has been an ammonia remnant left behind, probably a by product of the bacteria. The ammonia can be hard to shift as chlorine breaks that down slowly which could also be why your Chlorine is disapearing. I would add a decent amount of liquid chlorine once the sun has gone down measure it after an hour and again before sun up, this overnight test leaves out the effect of the suns rays breaking down the chlorine. Interesting! Please let us know how you get on.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”