Bad Well Water

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
rosslee

Bad Well Water

Postby rosslee » Sun 29 Jul, 2007 16:28

The deep well used to fill the pool has went out. The result of the bad water has taken a toll on the pool water. Acid won't clear the water. Shock won't work. Please, does anyone know what I could do to get clear water again? Thank you!

Sincerely,
Rosslee

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Bad Well Water

Postby Backglass » Mon 30 Jul, 2007 09:35

rosslee wrote:The deep well used to fill the pool has went out. The result of the bad water has taken a toll on the pool water. Acid won't clear the water. Shock won't work. Please, does anyone know what I could do to get clear water again? Thank you!

Sincerely,
Rosslee

Using your test kit, please post a full set of numbers so we can see where you are at. Without these test results, we would just be guessing in the dark.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
Rosslee

Bad Well Water

Postby Rosslee » Mon 30 Jul, 2007 18:00

Thank you for helping! Unfortunately I do not have access to one.

Sincerely,

Rosslee
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Tue 31 Jul, 2007 08:00

Rosslee wrote:Thank you for helping! Unfortunately I do not have access to one.

Sincerely,

Rosslee

Every pool needs a test kit. It's the one accesory that every pool should have for your family's safety. You spent a lot of money on the pool...spent $49 and get a good kit. You will save double be not buying needless chemicals.

It's funny how people will gladly spend $49 on pool toys, but balk when it comes to something that is really very important. :?

I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
rosslee

Bad Well Water

Postby rosslee » Sat 04 Aug, 2007 13:19

Dear Sir,

The pH is 7.5. The chlorine was 1.5 this morning. It's in the mid 90's here, so I put some algaecide in which turned brown as it hit the water.
By evening the chlorine tested was 0. Algaecide will not kill chlorine? It looked like the water was trying to clear, but after the algaecide the water turned murky green again. Should I not put aglaecide in? It's supose to be close to 100 here this week. I would sincerely appreciate any advise. Thank you!

Sincerely,
rosslee
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Mon 06 Aug, 2007 14:15

rosslee wrote:Dear Sir,

The pH is 7.5. The chlorine was 1.5 this morning. It's in the mid 90's here, so I put some algaecide in which turned brown as it hit the water.
By evening the chlorine tested was 0. Algaecide will not kill chlorine? It looked like the water was trying to clear, but after the algaecide the water turned murky green again. Should I not put aglaecide in? It's supose to be close to 100 here this week. I would sincerely appreciate any advise. Thank you!

Sincerely,
rosslee

Without a full set of test numbers, this is all guesswork. That being said, keep your chlorine high, keep your filter on 24/7 and avoid algaecide with copper as an ingredient (green water/ green hair, etc is from copper). Algaecide is mainly a preventative and not a cure when in full bloom.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”