HELP !! Children's Feces in pool !!

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
zago1597
I'm new here
I'm new here

HELP !! Children's Feces in pool !!

Postby zago1597 » Tue 09 Oct, 2007 13:07

We have a 15,000 (57,000l) inground pool with an attached spill over hot tub and are located just outside of Toronto Ontario. The pool and hot tub use the same filtration and heating systems.

We were enjoying a fabulous weekend recently until we noticed the water in the hot tub turned a light brown. :shock: It seems one of the children in the hot tub did not make it out in time to go to the bathroom so we ended up with feces in the hot tub. :cry:

As it was primarily contained to the hot tub, we drained the water;(unfortunately through the pool filter, cartridge type) (there was still contaminated water in the recirc lines); scooped out any remaining debris; ( unfortunately there was not much solid left as the hot tub is quite turbulent ); rinsed and refilled.

I have since superchlorinated the water (we have a salt system) and there appears to be no visible discolouration or signs in the water.

We are planning on closing the pool in a couple of days, are there any additional treatments required, additional superchlorination (shocking) etc.... to prepare for the closing ? Will any bacteria, etc.. die over the winter ? Are there any specific treatments or tests to conduct upon opening in spring ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Tue 09 Oct, 2007 15:15

clean the cartridge filter by soaking in filter cleaner so everything is out of filter. After shocking pool you should be good.
zago1597
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby zago1597 » Wed 10 Oct, 2007 09:03

Thanks for that Mr_Clean, wanted to make sure I can do what I can prior to closing.

The pool closes tomorrow for the winter, including shocking today, and washing down the cartridges tomorrow.

Hope to be back in good... clean form for the spring.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”