kreepy kraly

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
scrounger

kreepy kraly

Postby scrounger » Mon 14 Jan, 2008 20:45

I have an 18' x 33' above ground pool. Skimmer is on one end and kreepy attaches through the skimmer with an adapter. I am thinking about running another suction line to the midpoint of long side of pool to attach the kreepy kraly, thinking that I will not need as much hose and I can automate the cleaning system. I would then like to put electric valves in suction line at the skimmer and the kraly with a timer to control so I will not have to manually hook up the krauly.

Anybody out there done something similar??

Thanks,

Scrounger

sparkwatercleaner
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby sparkwatercleaner » Mon 14 Jan, 2008 21:36

Sounds practical though I've never heard of anybody doing it. I think you should ask somebody if this valves may be put on the suction side. You would have to synchronize everything as to make sure the pump turns on with at least 1 valve open. Take notice that if the valve fails to open, your pump would probably overheat or be damaged as there would be no flow.
scrounger

kreepy krauly

Postby scrounger » Wed 16 Jan, 2008 11:14

The other question is. . does my pump put out enough pressure to run skimmer and kreepy krauly at the same time, then I would not need to worry about valves and I would have the best of both worlds?

Thanks,

Scrounger

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”