Water seems to have soap suds on top

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
emkremer

Water seems to have soap suds on top

Postby emkremer » Thu 08 May, 2008 06:03

I just opened my pool a few days ago. I put 1 qt algecide and 1 qt stain ban in and went to turn on my pump and filter like instructed. We had a problem with on of our connections leaking so I had to let the water sit a day without circulating. In the mea time, I attempted to clean our skimmer out with a product called, wipe out. Took the stains away but now I'm wondering if it created soap suds from the cleaner. I've been running the pump and filter for about 12 hours and the soap suds don't seem to be going away. It doesn't appear to be fizzy bubbles from the return so now I'm wondering what do I do from here. The water is cloudy as well, but I'm assuming that miht be from letting those two chemicals mentioned above, sit without circulation.

What should I do next?

Pooltech32
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Pooltech32 » Tue 13 May, 2008 23:59

depending on the type of algecide you used it could be that, the cheap bulk stuff tends to make pools foamy
Pool repair guy
jdlloyd1183

foam

Postby jdlloyd1183 » Fri 16 May, 2008 02:03

The most common cause of foam is a leak in the suction side of the pool, pulling air in and creating bubbles, especially if the calcium hardness iis low , or , as mentioned in the other post, you used a cheap algaecide, usually 10% quat algaecide will do this. Get hold of some POOL FIRST AID, from NATURAL CHEMISTY, if this is from the wipes you used, it will consume the soaps and help to clear the water with its powerful clarifier and enzyme combo. Even if the wipes didnt cause this , this will dramatically help with your clarity issues. If you do this and the foam persists, drain 5 or 6 inches of water and add fresh fill water, to dilute the algaecide in case you overdosed... just remember to test your water after you do this, as you will dilute all the chemical levels in you pool most likely. Use of a water suface tension changer or defoamer, would work as well to stop the foaming, in my experince none work better than PROTEAM"S FOAM FIGHTER for hot tubs a few drops is all you need and the foam will dissapear like magic

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”