Maggots in the pool... yuck!

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.

Postby Guest » Mon 02 Nov, 2009 16:40

Well...i notice few maggots in my pool yesterday night and i m bit worried as my children and my family member use swimming pools...Please give me some tip to get out of it

huntdog420

Postby huntdog420 » Sun 27 Jun, 2010 13:20

swimming pool water is the attraction. the maggots come from dead anmial matter. they are comming from the trash can or maybe someplace else look on the deck for maggots they go toward the water for the moisture. bag your trash in bags and seal it. wash your trash cans with detergant once a month. the little buggers can crawl quite a distance. they dont come from the water, they come to it.check the deck.
fluffy p

Postby fluffy p » Sun 10 Oct, 2010 15:38

what size were they because i found a lot of them in a bucket of water and i think that they are maggots they are so tiny and i don't know what to do with them because they have a black head and a long but tiny body and < that was like the end of the body it looks so weird i don't know where they came from they are starting to creep me out i have no idea what to do with them.
twistedemotion
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: It's perfect. It's a paradise

Postby twistedemotion » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 06:04

I thought maggots can only exist on food But I am wrong. Really?
Mandlouu

Re: Maggots in the pool... yuck!

Postby Mandlouu » Tue 18 Oct, 2016 09:20

It's blue bottle larvae they lay their eggs they hatch in 1 day into these vile maggot things which if left they have a cocoon around them like a butterfly chrysalis then grow wings and fly away, I have them every day I open the lid of my hottub now the weather is getting colder.. Horrible when you find them floating in the water
marvinwalters
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Re: Maggots in the pool... yuck!

Postby marvinwalters » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 22:40

A pool cover will help you to keep the maggots away.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”