Black Substance

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
supere78
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18x36 ingroud vinyl liner pool
Pentair pump, filter and heat pump.
Filter is a cartridge filter

Black Substance

Postby supere78 » Wed 08 Apr, 2009 14:51

My water is perfectly clear and I have never had any type of chemcial inbalance. My pool was installed April 2008. It is a vinyl liner inground pool. When my daughter and I were swimming the other day, first swim of the year are hands and feet had a black tar like substance on it after touching the sides and bottom of the pool. What could this be and how do I get rid of it. The water is currently 68degrees. Two days ago I put in Pool First Aid and today I put in algae destroyer. I have been brushing it multiple times a day. Also I have a salt chlorine generator.

Black Substance

Postby Guest » Thu 09 Apr, 2009 04:15

Yeah, I have had this too. I always get it after I open my pool and I think it is an accumulation of dust on the walls and floor. After a shock, a good brushing and a vacuum it disappears.

I had this happen after not vacuuming for 5 weeks one time when I was away on a training course too.
supere78
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18x36 ingroud vinyl liner pool
Pentair pump, filter and heat pump.
Filter is a cartridge filter

Black Substance

Postby supere78 » Fri 10 Apr, 2009 10:27

Pool User wrote:Yeah, I have had this too. I always get it after I open my pool and I think it is an accumulation of dust on the walls and floor. After a shock, a good brushing and a vacuum it disappears.

I had this happen after not vacuuming for 5 weeks one time when I was away on a training course too.

Thank you. I just tried shocking the pool. So far on Monday I put in Pool First Aid, and on Wednesday I put in algaecide. I have been brushing it down 2-3 times a day. And as of this morning Friday when I finish brushing the bristles are covered with black goo. So I am hoping the shock works.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”