Wasp nest over pool- spray?

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
dishe
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby dishe » Thu 24 Jun, 2010 14:35

Hey guys-
I noticed a little baseball sized wasp nest on a tree branch which partially overhangs my pool.

Normally I would just tell the kids to stay away from it, but being over the pool makes me nervous- especially if my kids are splashing around.

What is the best way to remove this safely? My landlord wants to just spray it with one of those far-range wasp killing cans, but I'm nervous about getting that poison in the pool.

Someone told me that the poison is probably less toxic than the chlorine and I shouldn't worry, but I'm not so sure- I mean, chlorine can be toxic, but is designed for disinfecting. The poison is designed to kill highly aggressive insects FAST.

What do you guys think? Is it safe?

BrianG.

Postby BrianG. » Tue 29 Jun, 2010 11:06

I dunno, some of those poisons are designed to linger and kill for an extended amount of time.

I'm surprised no one else has responded yet- hasn't anyone ever wanted to spray insecticides on/near your pool??
I'd like to know the answer to this as well...
SteveM1800
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby SteveM1800 » Wed 07 Jul, 2010 13:10

I would say if your not spraying a lot everything will be fine, but if you are then i would make sure the chlorine level is normal and after spraying dont let anybody swim and run the filter for atleast 8 hrs. It will be safe by then.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”