1 of 3 jets and 1 of 2 skimmers not working

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
MattJ
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20'x40' cement inground pool with Hayward filter.

1 of 3 jets and 1 of 2 skimmers not working

Postby MattJ » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 16:39

Hey all. So I just had my pool opened (by some horrible place that charges $250 to just take the cover off your pool and leave one bottle of shock, but anyway) I took the 4 filter bags out and power washed them, cleaned all the baskets, Poured a crap load of shock and some algecide in there (pool was a swamp) and fired it up. Scooped out a lot of the big chunks of algae but I noticed right off the bat - 1 skimmer is not working and1 jet is not working. The other 2 jets are not very strong either. I don't know what to do. My filter doesn't do backwash. Any ideas? I'm new to owning a pool. The pressure on the filter is at 10lbs.,

MattJ
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20'x40' cement inground pool with Hayward filter.

Re: 1 of 3 jets and 1 of 2 skimmers not working

Postby MattJ » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 16:58

So upon further examination, the place I had "open" the pool didn't put the jets in befor they said "you're all set just fill it with water and had a ton of chemicals". While pump was on I pushed a jet (in the basket that I said "hey fellas here are the jets and stuff you need") into the opening and then I saw bubbles coming from the jet that wasn't working. I'm going to assume that all the pressure is being used up by the first 2 jets so there's little to nothing by the time it gets to the 3rd. So now I'm left with 1 of 2 skimmers not working... Do you think it could also be related to the jets not being in?

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”