Vacuuming dirt from 10' round above ground pool

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
mccordp

Vacuuming dirt from 10' round above ground pool

Postby mccordp » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 16:20

Have a small 10' round above ground pool for grandkids. Has a 1,000 gph pump. We live in West Texas--lots of blowing sand and dirt. Trying to find a way to vacuum out the dirt. Have bought two battery powered "vacuums" to date. Everything about these pools and all the equipment is cheap and nothing really seems to work. Don't expect wonders but would like to keep the pool reasonably clean for the kids. Is there anything that really works in vacuuming dirt and sand?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Vacuuming dirt from 10' round above ground pool

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 16:35

Is there a port or skimmer where you can plug in a vacuum which would be best
pmccord
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: small 10' round above ground for grandkids.

Postby pmccord » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 10:06

Denniswiseman wrote:Is there a port or skimmer where you can plug in a vacuum which would be best

No. Have bought 2 battery operated vacuums that are worthless for picking up dirt and sand, and have bought two covers, one although said for 10' round is so big it cannot be stretched tight enough not to fill up with water and collect dirt that eventually ends up in the pool and the other, also for a 10' pool is too small as the pool is 120" across and the cover said to be for a 10' pool is also 120" across. Am wondering if everything built for these pools is just cheap, worthless crap.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 10:42

I'm not familiar with AG pools as mine is inground and covered reducing maintenance to just vacuuming the bottom occasionaly
You could float someting under the cover to prevent it falling into the water
Maybe you could put a three way Jandy valve into the suction line before the pump and run a vacuum line from there

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”