Pump Seal for ET1209

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
jbmorris2001
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Small Intex above ground pool, with filter mods for better flow to reduce maintenance and cleaning time. I think I have a 14 foot by 4 foot deep. Filtration is a Hayward basket mounted to the pool, PVC piped to a Hayward china's knockoff pump and sand filter back to a basic water jet. I think the pump is either 1/2 horse or the 1 1/2.

Pump Seal for ET1209

Postby jbmorris2001 » Wed 25 Mar, 2020 11:17

Hello everyone
New here and with a big problem and need help. Here is a little of what all I have done and where my problem is now. 2 years ago my kids wanted a pool and we bought a 14 foot Intex with the cheap filter on it. Ever thing was so so for about the first 3or 4 months besides the low pressure from the pump so I was always having some sort of a problem. Well I found after a few days of it getting worse and worse about the pressure I went looking for it. The plastic Impeler in the pump had been rubbing for a long time so I called intex and they said I had to buy a new pump from them. 150 dollars and they pumps are back ordered so I went on line and bought this one.
I have what was sold as a Hayward pump and sand filter combo. I have come to think now that it is a china's knock off as I can not find anything on unit besides ET 1209 and yes I have had the pump all the way apart. So this brings me to my problem. I ran the pump 24/7 last year and the spring on the pump seal died. The seal for this pump is a pain to find as I do not know what to order.

Here is the basic spec for seal by what I'm thinking. 1/2" shaft Impeller side, outer of the housing side is 1 3/32 I think. I'm either looking for a chart so that I can cross refrance the specs of my seal or maybe someone might know where and what to buy.

[img][img]https://www.walmart.com/ip/ARKSEN-2820GPH-13-Sand-Filter-for-Above-Ground-Swimming-Pool-Pump-10000GAL-4-Way-Valve-with-1-2-HP-Pool-Pump/663338458[/img][/img] This is what the pump looks like, but it was sold under a different name at the time. By what I have search it has been sold under many different names or company names.

Any help that you might be able to give I would be greatfull for.

Thanks
Johnathon

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pump Seal for ET1209

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 26 Mar, 2020 04:03

Try http://www.inyopools.com/
They may be able to put you in the right direction

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”