1rst Pool. Water Help

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
Undertaker905
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I just recently put up our backyard pool, my first-ever pool. It measures 15' X 48" (457cm X 122cm). I've got everything hooked up to it's pump, but the pump refuses to circulate the water thorough. I've done all the trouble-shooting in it's manual to no luck... I just can't get any circulation going. Being that it's not a huge pool, is there anything I can put directly into the water to keep it clean that doesn't require the pump? Maye something that would circulate by the motion of the swimmers? There won't be a lot of swimmers in it at once. Probably no more than 4 people (5 tops).

1rst Pool. Water Help

Postby Undertaker905 » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 21:04

I just recently put up our backyard pool, my first-ever pool. It measures 15' X 48" (457cm X 122cm). I've got everything hooked up to it's pump, but the pump refuses to circulate the water thorough. I've done all the trouble-shooting in its manual to no luck... I just can't get any circulation going. Being that it's not a huge pool, is there anything I can put directly into the water to keep it clean that doesn't require the pump? Maybe something that would circulate by the motion of the swimmers? There won't be a lot of swimmers in it at once. Probably no more than 4 people (5 tops).

1rst Pool. Water Help

Postby Guest » Thu 09 Jun, 2011 01:13

You need the pump to move the water through the filter to catch the dust and debris.

A purely chemical option would mean draining and refilling the pool frequently.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”