Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
Tekcht
I'm new here
I'm new here

Beach entry real sand bottom pool

Postby Tekcht » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 06:29

I havd a project to build in a sand bottom pool with a "Sand beach" area, beach entry and sand throughout the bottom of the pool- like an artificial beach.

I have seen this done at hotels in some locations (Disney Beach club resort, le meridien Tahiti, Waipouli beach resort, tahiti village resort vegas ... ) but wondering if anyone has personally had experience with them.

I have looked online but there does not seem to be much information on this type of pools.
I am wondering which sand is used in thses pools (silica, pool filter sand, i beleive it should be heavy white sand in order to remain at the bottom and not hirt the filstration system?) how to clean/wash the sand in the bottom of the pool ? Is ther any kind of autonomous robot that would be able to clean/wash the sand ?

Any input would be great. Thanks! :thumbup:

IneedHelp
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 50 m2 overflow pool
85 m3 water
sand filter

Re: Beach entry real sand bottom pool

Postby IneedHelp » Tue 03 Nov, 2015 06:16

I would love to know if you built this pool and how it went. I think a sand bottom pool would be perfect although I don't ever remember seeing one. :D
Vr123
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Vr123 » Sat 18 Nov, 2017 11:24

Did you ever find out more about how this works? We'd like to build the same type of pool, more like the Tahiti ones.

Would love any insight you might have gotten.

Thanks!
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Sat 18 Nov, 2017 12:32

I have only seen one in a pool expo but it wasn't free moving sand it was some kind of resin bonded but it was a while back.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”