Which robotic pool cleaner is best?

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
Lacey

Postby Lacey » Thu 13 Jul, 2006 20:23

I have an in-ground 18' x 36' pear shapped pool with stairs. Bottom is concrete, sides fiberglass. The deep end is 'bowl shaped'. When the pool was originally build we had a Polaris line installed. It was many years ago, however, it really didn't work well at all. I have been looking at the Blue Diamond Remote Control or the Aquabot T4. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge on which one of these units clean better or would work best in my pool.

I would appreciate any feedback as soon as possible. I really need to get one A.S.A.P.

Thanks,

Lacey :roll:

Postby Guest » Fri 14 Jul, 2006 13:47

I have an 18x36 rectangular inground pool and I use a Blue Diamond robotic cleaner...the basic model. It does an excellent job. It runs about 2 hours and then shuts off. It cleans the bottom,sides and water line. The only draw back is the price...they cost about $1200. But as far as I'm concerned it was well worth it. I've owned it for 2 years and have never had a problem.
Viv

Klean-A Tron

Postby Viv » Sun 13 May, 2007 18:56

We just pruchased a new Robotic Klean-A-Tron vacuum. It is suppose to arrive tomorrow so I will let you know! We are hoping it will be a great cleaner as the price of all the robotics is inhibitive. This one comes with cart and romote and is commercial grade, but the main reason we chose it was a 4-way reversing mechanism. We thought would be easier on the pool as it has softer PVA rollers and isn't suppose to get stuck with the reversing system. We read so many reviews about the Dolphin "slicing up pools" or other systems getting stuck! This one also had a 3-year warranty which was the final selling poing for us. This is a lot of money (at least for us!) and we wanted it to last!
Viv

Klean-A-Trom Pro RC

Postby Viv » Thu 17 May, 2007 21:22

We finally got the Klean-A-Tron (Pro RC model) and while we have only used it once, we are very impressed! We had planned to use the remote at the end of the machine's cleaning cycle to pick up a radom piece of SOMETHNG, but there was literally not a spec in the pool. The water has the great "polished" look and the pool was perfect. It comes with a cart which has a place for everything including a place to wrap the cord. Very handy. The remote may have been overkill with this cleaner and a lesser model would have saved some money. We ordered the remote model because our teenage son will be cleaning the pool often and we thought he would enjoy using a "remote". It seems it will not be necessary at all.

While we loved the machine..the shipping wasn't the best. I had to literally chase down the FedEx man (they had 4 wrong addresses on the thing)!! Not sure if it was the pool place or FedEx.... so I will not mention the name of the pool place , but there is only one store that sells these if I understand correctly. All the other things we ordered arrived fine so it may have been a fluke.

I would definitely buy and use this cleaner again! I highly recommend it .
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Sat 19 May, 2007 03:00

I just today received a Blue Diamond RC. I've only used mine once and was I impressed. Especially because I have an inground cleaner that has toe stubbers - everything else I've tried would get hung up on the drain cover or the toe stubbers - I had to babysit them constantly. No problem with the Blue Diamond. It really moves and goes right over them.

It has the PVA rollers and remote control.

I did a lot of research and it was down to the Aquabot Turbo T4 or the Blue Diamond. Aquabot also now makes a line called Viva and Bravo which is very similar to the Blue Diamond.

The reason I went with the Blue Diamond was the warranty was longer and a poster on another forum had tried several (Dolphin, Aquabot and Blue Diamond) and raved about the Blue Diamond. The company that makes it is WaterTech and they also make one called the Blue Pearl which is about half the cost of the Blue Diamond but doesn't have a remote control option. People also say the Blue Pearl works great.

I got a good price for mine at the website for poolsupplyworld. The Blue Pearl can be found many places, including Home Depot's online site.

Robotic cleaner

Postby Guest » Sat 19 May, 2007 10:18

I am new to the pool scene as I moved into a home that had a vynl liner in ground pool. I have been looking at the Dolphin Diagnostic 2019. Does anyone know anything about them?
Thanks so much!!
emjj333
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby emjj333 » Thu 24 May, 2007 15:17

I just purchased an aquabot bravo. Does anyone know anything about these? I can't seem to find any reviews on them. I purchases it for 825.00 includes caddy, extra filter bag, 2 year warranty, extra belts, tax, and free shipping, with a 2 week return policy. Let me know.
emjj333
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby emjj333 » Thu 24 May, 2007 15:20

I had a Dolphin for about 1 week. The caddy that comes with it is garbage. Wheels kept falling off. Also, everytime I pulled it out of my pool, the filter bag would empty out, leaving piles of dirt. I returned it. Now trying the Aquabot Bravo (should get it tommorrow) as previously posted.
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Fri 25 May, 2007 18:33

Be sure to let us know what you think of the Bravo.
jbpswim
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool Cleaning

Postby jbpswim » Tue 29 May, 2007 11:08

Hi emjj333, where did you buy the Bravo from ?
Thanks for your help.
Antonio2009

Postby Antonio2009 » Mon 25 May, 2009 22:50

The Blue Diamond does not clean to the waterline if your pool is over 5' deep. It is a programming issue. I will only go the water line 1 time in it 7 pass cycle. It does a fine job of vacuuming. It also will not climb steps. :( I called the warranty company and they are very difficult to deal with. Aquatron does not stand behind its product.
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Wed 27 May, 2009 21:15

POOLVERGNUEGEN is a newer robotic suction cleaner that comes in 2-wheel or 4-wheel.

I have sold to a few customers who have pools that are shaped in different ways and have trouble with their cleaners getting stuck against stairs, steps, etc.

The nice thing about these is that after so many revolutions it automatically goes in reverse and goes in another direction. Also the suction is off the ground about 2 inches due to it having the wheels. The regulator it comes with is very nice with a handle that you can close or open, to control the pressure to keep it under control the way you would like.

I have seen them on the net 2-wheel $400 & 4-wheel $800

their site is thepoolcleaner.com
BostonTom

Klean-A-Trom Pro RC

Postby BostonTom » Fri 11 Jun, 2010 09:41

Hi,
Where did you purchace the Klean-A-Tron (Pro)? I used to have literature on it, but lost it and want to contact the company. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.
Best,
Tom

Viv wrote:We finally got the Klean-A-Tron (Pro RC model) and while we have only used it once, we are very impressed! We had planned to use the remote at the end of the machine's cleaning cycle to pick up a radom piece of SOMETHNG, but there was literally not a spec in the pool. The water has the great "polished" look and the pool was perfect. It comes with a cart which has a place for everything including a place to wrap the cord. Very handy. The remote may have been overkill with this cleaner and a lesser model would have saved some money. We ordered the remote model because our teenage son will be cleaning the pool often and we thought he would enjoy using a "remote". It seems it will not be necessary at all.

While we loved the machine..the shipping wasn't the best. I had to literally chase down the FedEx man (they had 4 wrong addresses on the thing)!! Not sure if it was the pool place or FedEx.... so I will not mention the name of the pool place , but there is only one store that sells these if I understand correctly. All the other things we ordered arrived fine so it may have been a fluke.

I would definitely buy and use this cleaner again! I highly recommend it .
patriciathore
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby patriciathore » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 00:50

Oh I love robotic pool cleaner! It made our job easy!

I'm new here
My Pool: vinyl lined, 24,00 gallon in ground, sand filter, Hayward Pump

Postby tbarry » Mon 08 Aug, 2011 11:49

I have a 24,000 gallon vinyl lined in ground pool with a sand filter. I use a robotic vacuum Aquabot Turbo. How many times/week do you recommend that I run the Aquabot for a full 7 hour cycle? I have little visible residue in my pool this time of the year. Since I am now using the robotic vacuum, how often (every day?) and for how long (hrs./day) should I use my pool engineered filtration system?

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”