brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
Jazzmatazz
I'm new here
I'm new here

Floating bugs and on the bottom

Postby Jazzmatazz » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 07:03

Hi everyone, I'm Daniel!

I live in a condominium with a common pool maintained by a company hired by the condo.

I registered in this forum to try to understand if the pool is well maintained, as I have a 1year old kid I worry for the quality of the water.

I'm a bit worried about the quantity of bugs floating in the pool and already sunk to the bottom.

Is it normal to have some bugs around? Or is it an indication that the filters aren't working as they should?

Can post pics if it helps, let me know! Thank you for the attention!

Daniel

paulbest
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Re: Floating bugs and on the bottom

Postby paulbest » Wed 17 Aug, 2016 22:19

Two of the most common bugs in your pool are the backswimmer and water boatman. The bugs generally are not harmful to humans, although the backswimmer in particular can deliver a painful bite.

In order to kill these aquatic pests, you must take away their food supply. We know that water boatmen eat algae and backswimmers eat water boatmen. So, we need to start by getting rid of the pool algae, and in order to do that, we must shock!

After you successfully shock your pool, take your pool brush and scrub down the walls and floor of your pool. This will loosen up any algae that has been growing and release it into the water so that the chlorine shock has a better chance of killing it.
MargaretCanipe
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My pool is big and clean.

Postby MargaretCanipe » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 00:43

Is it normal to have some bugs around?
No, it is not normal to have bugs around because there are many infectious bugs which can use water to spread to the new body. In order to kill water bugs, you must take away their food supply. My neighbor had a pool, last month they saw that silverfish inside their pool, which was very dangerous and their bodies subside gradually from front to rear to 3 long, thin, tail-like appendages. Then they had called up the NYC pest control services where the pest control New York city experts had taken off the silverfish out from the water and they had done a chemical spray around the pool as well as inside the house, pest control NYC professionals had provided an advice on preventing problems in the future make sure to clean the pool regularly and other substance too.
GladysMeyer
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby GladysMeyer » Sat 22 Sep, 2018 02:57

Thanks for this info!

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”