vacuuming?

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
CJ

vacuuming?

Postby CJ » Sun 06 Aug, 2006 14:33

Pool specs, I have an above ground, 4ft deep 24' diameter round swimming pool. Has a Hayward Pump/Filter system (sand filter). This is the first time this pool has been opened in a few years, it was very disgusting when we started.

I am having difficulties trying to figure out how to vacuum my pool. We started working on this pool at the end of May, have had horrible green water and serious algae problems, which as of this weekend were FINALLY taken care of, and have finally gotten the water to a condition that is almost swimmable. Problem is, it is blue water now, as it should be, but still very cloudy and I cannot see the bottom. I have bought clarifier, but they told me that it was the LAST thing I should do, and not to put it in the pool until everything else was done. I am ready to vacuum, and I have both a manual vacuum and a Hayward Aquabug, but I cannot seem to figure out how to work either one of them! With the pool water being so cloudy, I cannot see the bottom, so I am not sure if they are actually working. Can someone explain to me exactly how to work my vacuum and exactly what to look for to help me know if it is actually working or not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have never owned a pool before, and have been trying to gather as much information as possible. If anyone has things that they could go through with me, it would be great to hear from you.

Postby Guest » Wed 09 Aug, 2006 07:40

HI!!! My pool was also not opened in years. I went through the very same thing you are... Did you shock it?? If you did and I will assume you did because it is a cloudy blue then add the clarifier. The clarifier acts like a magnet to the very very fine particals and makes them cling to one another to make it so you can vaccuum them up. It will look like dirt on the bottom.

This may take a few times though. It took me 3 times to get it very very clear.

I hope this helps you. This is what I did for my pool and it worked for me.

GOOD LUCK!!! :D

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”