Running time - fliter

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
balaclava

Running time - fliter

Postby balaclava » Tue 08 Aug, 2006 11:27

Hi,

The guide says I should run my filter for 8 hours a day / during the whole of day light hours.

Why? What does it do and why does it need to be run for so many hours day?

Mike

Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Tue 08 Aug, 2006 14:24

it turns your pool over, lyman terms is cycles all your pool water at least 2 times in that time frame and by doing that it is able to chlorinate the water so your able to swim in clean, healthy water.
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.

Postby Guest » Wed 09 Aug, 2006 03:19

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the reply. So do I take it that the objective in having the pump running is to have the water wash over the chlorine tablet to chlorinate the water?

If that is the case, if I use granules which are dispersed in say 1 hour is that all that is needed i.e. the time necessary to disperse the chlorine?

Thanks

Mike
Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Wed 09 Aug, 2006 07:30

no because you still need to cycle the water thru the filter and help spread the chlorine over the whole pool.
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”