How to start with cleaning?

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
brendalwilliamson
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: The swimming pool is located in an area of 10X20 square meter.

How to start with cleaning?

Postby brendalwilliamson » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 04:11

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum. I was in a small trouble and I need you guys to help me out. First of all, let me introduce myself. I’m Alice from Old Toronto. We have a swimming pool in our backyard. A few days back my boyfriend and I arranged a pool party at our place. The party was awesome and we had a lot of fun. We arranged food, drinks and we decorated the event with colorful lanterns paper cuttings and other crafts which were handmade by me.

As you all know it was a pool party and the pool was meant to be dirty. Can anyone please tell me who can do the maintenance work for swimming pools? We need to recycle the water in the pool. Our neighbors suggested us to go for this swimming pool maintenance service provider in Toronto. If you know something about them please let us know it at the earliest.
Thanks in advance

Poolcovers
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: we designs and manufactures fixed automatic retractable enclosures for pools, patios and outdoor spaces.

Re: How to start with cleaning?

Postby Poolcovers » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 01:37

First of all you have to Skim the surface of your pool with a leaf skimmer. In fact, this should be done on a day-to-day basis. After that you should have to vacuum the pool. You use pool vacuums much the same way you would vacuum a carpet. Move the vacuum across the bottom of the pool, staying longer in areas that need appear dirtier.

Lats but not the least Test the water's pH levels. You can buy a pH tester at a local supermarket. The pH level of your pool should be between 7.2 and 7.6. If it is outside these ranges, use either pH reducer or pH increaser.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 08 Jan, 2019 04:49

Poolcovers wrote:First of all you have to Skim the surface of your pool with a leaf skimmer. In fact, this should be done on a day-to-day basis. After that you should have to vacuum the pool. You use pool vacuums much the same way you would vacuum a carpet. Move the vacuum across the bottom of the pool, staying longer in areas that need appear dirtier.

Lats but not the least Test the water's pH levels. You can buy a pH tester at a local supermarket. The pH level of your pool should be between 7.2 and 7.6. If it is outside these ranges, use either pH reducer or pH increaser.

Although pH is very important lets not believe that pH is the only consideration for keeping your water sanitised
Get a decent FAS/DPD test kit to check all your levels
FC:
TC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:
Use these common products to balance your water
Liquid chlorine (sodium hypochlorite or plain bleach)
Muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) to lower pH and TA
Bicarbonate of soda to raise TA
Aeration will raise pH only
Soda ash will raise pH and TA
Chlorine pucks and granules have Cyanuric acid in them and when they get excessive render the chlorine ineffective
For every 10 ppm Free Chlorine (FC) added by Trichlor, it also increases Cyanuric Acid (CYA) by 6 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Dichlor, it also increases CYA by 9 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Cal-Hypo, it also increases Calcium Hardness (CH) by at least 7 ppm
Use the recommended Pool Levels
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Tue 08 Jan, 2019 12:56

Actually pH is not very important unless it drops lower than 7.0 if you are using cyanuric acic stabiliser posted about this last year, see if I can find it again.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”