Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
dand
I'm new here
I'm new here

Hayward DE Filter Pressure - Algae

Postby dand » Tue 29 May, 2007 16:44

I am having a problem trying to get rid of the dead algae in my 20,000 gal inground pool. I have a Harward DE and I have been trying to run the filter 24/7, but every few hours the pressure spikes up to 22. I have been backwashing at least once a day and I even took the top off and cleaned it to remove all the gunk and earth, but it still spikes up every few hours. Each time I backwash, I replace 4 1lb scoops of earth and I did 6 the time I took the top off. I have been desperately trying to get rid of all the dead algae from the pool by vacuuming, but I can only vacuum for a few minutes before having to bump the filter. After bumping, the pressure is still really high and gets to the point where I lose all the suction. Anyone have any advice on how to bring the pressure down so I can vacuum the pool? I am sure the water is cloudy because of the dead stuff floating around. Thanks in advance!!

dand
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby dand » Thu 31 May, 2007 16:53

Update -

I guess it is just very hard for the filter to try and remove all the dead algae from the pool. I am noticing it getting better but still not there yet. I am not backwashing as much anymore, just regenerating and running the filter 24 hours a day. I just hope that I do not do any damage to the filter or pump by leaving it clogged for an hour to two. Like most for sure, I work and can not stay home to tend the filter every couple of hours( even tho I really want too :P)

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”