Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
NCMau
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool Cleaner Question

Postby NCMau » Sun 18 May, 2008 19:51

I am new at operating a swimming pool. Last year I built a 52' x 12' x 4' in-ground pool with vinyl liner. The capacity is 18K gal. The system has 1 1/2 HP in-ground pump with a 100 lb. sand filter.
I have been reading about powered vs. non-powered pool cleaners, and I believe that the non-powered would probably be the best choice for me, for economy and simplicity. Now my question. Can anybody give me a suggestion on what type, dollar range and possibly brand name of a "middle of the road pool cleaner" that would do a reliable job?
The more I read about these specs, the more confused I get. I would really like to hear your advices and experiences. Thank you.

Maury

muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Sun 18 May, 2008 21:54

When the pool was built did you have a dedicated return installed for a pressure side cleaner or do you need a suction side cleaner?
APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience
NCMau
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool cleaner question

Postby NCMau » Mon 19 May, 2008 07:45

No. There is no dedicated return for cleaning. I have to connect to the skimmer.
Thanks for the reply.
Maury
jemae
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby jemae » Tue 27 May, 2008 08:57

just bought zodiac barracuda g4. Quite good and simple to use. You can also connect to your skimmer with the included adapter.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”