overflow pool

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
geoff kent

overflow pool

Postby geoff kent » Sat 11 Oct, 2008 08:56

CAN ANYBODY OFFER ADVISE.WHEN I VAC MY OVERFLOW POOL(WHICH IS IN CYPRUS )AFTER A SHORT WHILE DIRT OR SAND BLOWS OUT FROM THE WATER JETS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE POOL.AFTER A COUPLE OF MINUTES I HAVE TO STOP AS I AM PUTTING MORE DIRT INTO THE POOL THAN TAKING OUT. ANY IDEAS PLEASE

pismopoolman

blowby

Postby pismopoolman » Wed 15 Oct, 2008 16:06

your problem has to do with your filter.if your filter is DE you have a hole in your grids or manifold is cracked if it is a sand filter you either have a craced lateral or the filter is in neeb of backwasing .in case of brken lateral you will also see sand in pool as for cartridge check for damaged pleats .sand filters are alos known to to wear spider gaskeks in the rotation valve
Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

Cyprus overflow pool

Postby Larry » Mon 02 Mar, 2009 05:50

Your filter needs maintenance. You are probably using a sand filter.

You either need to clean the sand (with a special cleaner such as sulfamic acid) and top up the level, or you need to replace all the sand. An inspection of the sand will indicate your course of action.

overflow pool

Postby Guest » Mon 02 Mar, 2009 10:05

I got some zeolite from a shop that was closing down and it has really done wonders for my pool water. We have problems with hardness here and my filter sand solidified. No problems since then.

Sand filter overflow pool

Postby Guest » Wed 11 Mar, 2009 13:18

That's a classic sand filter in need of attention. Maintaining a sand filter is real simple. You need a couple of hours in the spring and you're all set for the year after that.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”