Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
kahlds
I'm new here
I'm new here

Automatic inline chlorine

Postby kahlds » Thu 19 Mar, 2009 07:31

I have a pentair 3050 intelliflo hooked up with solar heat. I am running the pump at around 2500 rpm and am having trouble with my chlorine. I am not able to get water into the chlorine tablet chamber. This seems to be a flow issue. When I remove the cap, the water does fill the chamber. Is this just a matter of running the pump at a higher speed? I previously had a 1 and 1/2 hp motor without the solar panels and had no trouble. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Postby Guest » Thu 19 Mar, 2009 19:14

Could be the pipes are clogged. The tablet feeders are usually supplied with thin tubing which can block easily due to the impurities (or other 'stuff') in the tabs.

Try flush the tubes and make sure there is a good water flow through them.
kahlds
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby kahlds » Fri 20 Mar, 2009 07:15

I checked, pipes are not clogged

Postby Guest » Fri 20 Mar, 2009 07:55

With the cap off, try crank the pump up. The flow should be strong indicating that all is well.

The problem could be low flow rate which will not be able to erode the chlorine tablets.

You could also consider a floating feeder or manual dosing of the chlorine.
kahlds
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby kahlds » Fri 20 Mar, 2009 08:51

I will try an increase in pump speed. This is a new pump to me and I am surprised that I am having to run it this high (2500rpm). The "selling point" of this pump is the ability to run at lower speeds for cost savings etc. However, if it will not sufficiently chlorinate the water at lower speeds, what is the point? Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”