brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
sallym7777
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Above ground pool with sand filter

Cleaning Sand Filter with Baquacil Filter Cleaner

Postby sallym7777 » Thu 08 Oct, 2009 10:23

I am new to these forums and appreciate all the good advice I've read so far. We are new pool owners as of this summer and have an above ground pool with a sand filter and a Hayward pump. We use Baquacil products. I need to clean the filter and am reading varying instructions, even from Baquacil. I'm hoping someone can help. The questions I have about the instructions are related to
* Remove the drain plug from the filter and allow tank to drain. My question is do you drain all the water?
* After adding the Baquacil Sand Filter Cleaner, the instructions say to run the pump until you see yellow dye in the sight glass then close all valves leading to and from the filter. What valves are these?
* Lastly, after allowing the sand filter cleaner to soak for 10-12 hours, do you put water back into the pump before backwashing for the last time?

If anyone can help with these questions or provide me with more specific questions, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

sallym7777
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Above ground pool with sand filter

Cleaning Sand Filter with Baquacil Filter Cleaner

Postby sallym7777 » Thu 08 Oct, 2009 13:54

I was able to get an answer from our local pool supply store. No need to respond. Thank you.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”