High PH and high chlorine

Problems relating to pH and total alkalinity.
Increase ph, increase TA. Reduce pH, reduce TA.
pH chemistry advice and techniques for the pool.
goldie_4213
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 72,000 litre, pebble coat. Heat pump (32o celsius). Liquid chlorine through RotaChem. 2xsand filter, 2x1.5hp pump.

High PH and high chlorine

Postby goldie_4213 » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 03:38

Hi all,I really need some help. I have just started back at my swim school after our 8 wk winter break. My pool is maintained (question mark here) by a pool technician. One week ago I did a routine check on the chemistry of the pool. The chlorine was so high it bleached the DPI 1 tablet on contact and the PH was a high but manageable 8.2. I immediately disconnected the liquid chlorine pumps and took the solar cover off the pool ( pool is semi indoor, it has a roof but only waist high walls). After a call to Tech the addition of Sodiom Thuisulphate was advised, He added 500g and assured me all would be good in 2 hrs. it is one week on and after the addition of 3.5kg of Sodium Thiosulphate and 3litres of Hyrochloric acid. My chlorine pump is still disconnected and my pool tech has done a runner. I have had the water tested today and pool shop testing and my vary quite dramatically.
results Pool shop Mine
free chlorine over 10ppm 4ppm
PH 8.5 purple
TA 164 150
Question could the "Chlorine out" product n fact be increasing my PH and not neutralising my chlorine?
I hope this makes sense!
Regards from Australia!!

Return to “pH & Total Alkalinity”