high ph

Problems relating to pH and total alkalinity.
Increase ph, increase TA. Reduce pH, reduce TA.
pH chemistry advice and techniques for the pool.
marisabelle

high ph

Postby marisabelle » Wed 30 Aug, 2006 13:44

pls can you tell me what quantity of chemicals i have to add to my swimming pool 120m3 to low my high ph its above 8 and if i have to add all the quantity at once or day by day. thank you

Re: high ph

Postby Guest » Wed 30 Aug, 2006 15:53

marisabelle wrote:pls can you tell me what quantity of chemicals i have to add to my swimming pool 120m3 to low my high ph its above 8 and if i have to add all the quantity at once or day by day. thank you

Assuming the pH is 8.2 ("above 8" as you say) to lower it to 7.5 for example would require 3.4 liters of muriatic acid or 4.4 kilos of pH- (sodium bisulfate).

Try to apply half the dose in two days and retest your water. If you're using muriatic acid, be very careful while handling the product.

High pH or pH drift to higher levels may be caused by an alkalinity level that is too high. Please have your water tested for alcalinity and post the results.

Allez, bonne chance!
marisabelle

Re: high ph

Postby marisabelle » Sat 02 Sep, 2006 03:54

Anonymous wrote:
marisabelle wrote:pls can you tell me what quantity of chemicals i have to add to my swimming pool 120m3 to low my high ph its above 8 and if i have to add all the quantity at once or day by day. thank you

Assuming the pH is 8.2 ("above 8" as you say) to lower it to 7.5 for example would require 3.4 liters of muriatic acid or 4.4 kilos of pH- (sodium bisulfate).

Try to apply half the dose in two days and retest your water. If you're using muriatic acid, be very careful while handling the product.

High pH or pH drift to higher levels may be caused by an alkalinity level that is too high. Please have your water tested for alcalinity and post the results.

Allez, bonne chance!

thank you very mutch for your help !!!! it has worked!!!! :lol: [/b]

Return to “pH & Total Alkalinity”