Total Alkalinity 200

Problems relating to pH and total alkalinity.
Increase ph, increase TA. Reduce pH, reduce TA.
pH chemistry advice and techniques for the pool.

Total Alkalinity 200

Postby Guest » Sun 06 May, 2007 16:10

Forgive me if this is answered elsewhere: PH was high yesterday and added MA. Now PH normal. Do I need to do anything more or will the TA adjust itself as the PH levels off from the acid I applied yesterday?

Kind regards,

Scott from Florida

me_too

Re: Total Alkalinity 200

Postby me_too » Mon 07 May, 2007 05:27

Anonymous wrote:Forgive me if this is answered elsewhere: PH was high yesterday and added MA. Now PH normal. Do I need to do anything more or will the TA adjust itself as the PH levels off from the acid I applied yesterday?

Kind regards,

Scott from Florida

Actually the pH may rise again a bit while some TA will get consumed in the process of converting MA into CO2. You may need to *maintain* a lower pH, say around 7.0-7.2 to effect a larger change in TA.
Scott Bushey
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Scott Bushey » Sat 12 May, 2007 18:07

Just for clarification, the opening post was mine:

Still adding acid..............800 ml today. The water is clearer, but the alkalinity is still sky high. I am having family over tomorrow for mothers day. Is it ok for the kids to swim?
Scott Bushey
me_too

Postby me_too » Tue 15 May, 2007 14:03

Scott Bushey wrote:Just for clarification, the opening post was mine:

Still adding acid..............800 ml today. The water is clearer, but the alkalinity is still sky high. I am having family over tomorrow for mothers day. Is it ok for the kids to swim?

Test the water to make sure, if the chlorine level is adequate and if the water is clear then I would say yes.

Try constantly maintaining a low pH and the alkalinity will drop by itself, you can stir up the surface to promote a faster drop.

Return to “pH & Total Alkalinity”