Can this cause a rash?

Problems relating to pH and total alkalinity.
Increase ph, increase TA. Reduce pH, reduce TA.
pH chemistry advice and techniques for the pool.
Ed

Can this cause a rash?

Postby Ed » Fri 08 Jun, 2007 12:40

My ten yr old daughter recently has had an allergic type rash. After investigating, we discovered that when she was around the pool she got the rash. She hasn't been swimming, she just placed her hand in the water and splashed it. I checked the ph and had a very high ph and total alkalinity and no free chlorine. Could this cause skin symptoms and how do I balance the pool.

nycguy

Re: Can this cause a rash?

Postby nycguy » Sat 09 Jun, 2007 09:00

Ed wrote:My ten yr old daughter recently has had an allergic type rash. After investigating, we discovered that when she was around the pool she got the rash. She hasn't been swimming, she just placed her hand in the water and splashed it. I checked the ph and had a very high ph and total alkalinity and no free chlorine. Could this cause skin symptoms and how do I balance the pool.

first control your TA.. you must lower it if you say its high.. i cant tell since you have given no #s. after TA is stable then next adjust your ph. after the ph since there is no free chlorine you must shock it untill you get a reading for free chlorine
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Sun 10 Jun, 2007 15:57

With no free chlorine, I would imagine there could be something that could cause a rash.

Return to “pH & Total Alkalinity”