Weekly maintenance

Problems relating to pH and total alkalinity.
Increase ph, increase TA. Reduce pH, reduce TA.
pH chemistry advice and techniques for the pool.

Weekly maintenance

Postby Guest » Thu 05 Jul, 2007 18:52

Lets say that all of my levels are where they are supposed to be and the water is crystal clear. How many days should I have untill the PH and ALK start to drop?

Cheers

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Weekly maintenance

Postby Backglass » Thu 05 Jul, 2007 21:29

Anonymous wrote:Lets say that all of my levels are where they are supposed to be and the water is crystal clear. How many days should I have untill the PH and ALK start to drop?

One....or 100....or 1000....or it could go UP instead just as easily. It all depends on your pool, water, environment, etc.

Why do you ask?
carllieb

Weekly Maintenance

Postby carllieb » Mon 09 Jul, 2007 10:47

My neighbor was doing weekly maintenance, (or haveing it done) and his pool was constantly haveing problems with alge or cloudiness.

I have convinced him to do his own and like me he now tests at least every 3 days and more if it rains or we have a bunch of people in the pool. Once I showed him how to get his alkilinity down using the technique I learned here his pool has remained crystal clear and his chlorine usage has dropped.

I use chemicals sparingly but it is good to keep track of just where your balance is. By keeping watch you can fix problems before they start.

Return to “pH & Total Alkalinity”